Wednesday, August 29, 2007

TASK 9 Finding Feeds

Which method of finding feeds did you find easiest to use?

Using the google reader to find news sites : I searched for library feeds and have added them to my subscription eg,
http://www.librarian.net/


Which Search tool was the easiest for you?

Out of the 4 listed I tried searching simply for "LIBRARY NEWS FEEDS"

Feedster gave many and varied links, also there is a lot of embedded sponsored link sites in the margins which limits the "busy-ness" to a defined area of the page.

Topix.net, was great the way you can load in your specific area / postcode to search for local feeds

Syndic8.com, I liked the count summary it gave of how many sites it had located

Technorati, was the WINNER for me re easiest and also brought forth a little serendipity by locating a fellow 23 things blogger


No comments: